Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Introduction

I guess the best way to start is from the beginning or, in this case, how I got to be who I am today.

I'll skip my baby years, adventures I had as a toddler, my tween years, crushing hopes of teenage and disappointments I faced stepping into adulthood. So fast forwarding to development of my current goals and career as a Graphics Designer.

I started website designing way before I had even set a foot in graphics designing class. My freshmen years (yeah yearS, thanks to my amazing councelor who put me on wrong program) were spend studying Business Management. At the time I totally HATED computers. That was till I saw a website created with flash. The impressive sound effects, the impressive images, the impressive animation. Needless to say, I was impressed. I started learning Macromedia Flash on my own. My friends loved my work and encourged me to pursue a degree in graphics. I showed my work to the councelor of Arts department who actually thought I got talent. Long story short, I quit Business Admin. as soon as I got Associates in it and now doing my bachelors in Information Technology with Computer Graphics as concentration.

Many people think Computer Graphics is more related to arts than "science". I guess in some institutes it may as well be the case but at my school (George Mason University) I have to endure the toture of sitting through boring lectures on how computers work and what does it take for the whole information web of hardware and software to show my work to the world. I suppose it's good information to have, plus, it's always impressive to say 'I'm in technology' :D

So this was little bit about why I chose to do what I'm doing.

Later

No comments: